News & Media
- BBC Classics Unwrapped interview. Listen here.
- James Hannigan scores 'Unseen Academicals' (Discworld 37) for Amazon/Audible
- RuneScape Live - The Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra to perform music from RuneScape.
- James Hannigan to talk at Campus Party Italia in July - with Jesper Kyd & John Broomhall
- Develop Conference 2018: James Hannigan to join panel with Olivier Deriviere.
- James Hannigan to talk at the 2018 BASCA Media Composer Conference
- Audio drama 'Alien: Sea of Sorrows' released. First review.
- BBC World Service interview
- James endorses Reelcrafter.com
- Fabfilter adds James as a featured artist
- Recording for Transformers at Abbey Road Studios with the Philharmonia
- "How to become a composer" - GamesRadar
- BBC interview with James: "Magical Challenge of Games Music"
- PRS For Music/M Magazine interview
- James talks to the Sunday Times
- Read James 3-part article on VGM for Classic FM Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
- Music Radar interviews James Hannigan
- In conversation at the Albert Hall, with Bafta Guru
- VIDEO: Take a look back at the pioneering interactive music system at work in 2003's Bafta-nominated 'Republic: The Revolution'
- 'Balancing Musicality With Interactive Music' - M Magazine
- Game Music connect inaugural event gallery
- Read James’s foreword to Tim Summers’ new book, Understanding Video Game Music, out now from Cambridge University Press.
- MUSE interview with James
- FORBES: James Hannigan talks Transformers and Arcade Cabinets
- Classic FM interviews James
- BAFTA Guru 'Conversations With Composers Interview'
- Game Informer interview
- Audio Media on GMC 2015
- The best (and weirdest) covers of 'Red Alert 3 Theme: Soviet March'
- James talks to Classic FM about orchestras in games
- Read part one of James's introduction to games music at Classic FM
- James Hannigan Retrospective (with footage of 'Soviet March' recording session)
- Read James's seminal 2004 article 'Changing Our Tune' - Develop Magazine's first audio-related cover feature
- Recording Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One with the Philharmonia
- Annual event 'Game Music Connect' announced
- James Hannigan at Classic FM
- VIDEO: James's music performed at 'Games & Symphonies'
- MCV: Why Classic FM is backing Game Music Connect
- Interview with 'Film and Game Composers'
- 'Bloody Disgusting' interviews James Hannigan on Dead Space 3
- Recording for RuneScape 3 with The Slovak Symphony Orchestra
- 'Meet the composer' (Gamespot)
- James interviewed for 'BEEP' movie. Available now from here.
- Soundcast interview
- VGM Online reviews James Hannigan and Richard Jacques at the Barbican
- Bafta announces James Hannigan event at The Royal Albert Hall
- James interviewed for BBC Documentary 'Bleep Bleep Bloop'
- VGM Online talks to James
- James wins an IFMCA (International Film Music Critics Association) Award for the score of 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince'.
- Time + Space interviews James
- Buzzfeed: 9 Best Uses of Opera in Video Games
- James to hold concert in Nottingham as part of GameCity festival
- Eminence Symphony Orchestra perform 'Soviet March'
- Coverage of James Hannigan's GameCity concert
- The Independent interviews James
- AUDIO: Cyber Den interview
- BBC Radio 4 'Front Row' interview
- Audio Spotlight interviews James
- Tom Hoover interviews James Hannigan for new book, "Sountrack Nation" - available now
- Beefjack interview
- James talks horror
- James Hannigan on YouTube
- 'Frag Me Amadeus' - Guardian writes up panel featuring James, Barrington Pheloung & Harry Gregson-Williams
- Resolution magazine interviews James Hannigan
- IGN Lists '10 Great Video Game Albums'
- Biogamer Girl talks to James
- BSO Spirit interview with James Hannigan
- Soviet March performed at Video Games Music Live
- Indie Gamer Chick interviews James Hannigan
- James pens Develop Magazine's first ever audio-related cover feature: Read it here.
IGN on Evil Genius
“James Hannigan has not only written the best music in the video game series, but he has surpassed [the] film score. That’s right, this is better than the film score. I really hope someone over at Warner Bros. is listening to this score.”‘Movie Music UK’ on Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
A score which combines musicality with wit. It adds atmosphere throughout, whilst remaining entirely in keeping with the humorous and fun nature of the game. The subtle development of the score according to the development of the game works effectively, whilst complementing the sound and dialogue perfectly. A creditable combination of interactive technology and highly […]The British Academy of Film and Television Arts on ‘Theme Park World’ (US title, ‘Sim Theme Park’).
Sound 10/10. The music in Republic is amazing. It is possibly the greatest and most appropriate music in any game ever. The sweeping eastern classical music fits the game so well it is untrue. As soon as you are able to start a rally … you will know what I mean.Game FAQs